<3 Lady Spank

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Durr durr Connection problems durr durr

As I said before, my adventures are generally uninteresting, but this odd issue I'm having with my connection basically prevents me from even having those adventures. You see, whenever I'm inside a station and chatting with people, trying to get an idea of what ships to bring about, there's basically a ticking time bomb which will go off whenever it damn well pleases, and at that point all my attempts at witty banter will be reduced to the blaring "YOU CANNOT DO THAT" sound, and then the client closes itself before opening another instance of the client as though to taunt me with what I cannot have.


So, I can't chill in stations for very long. That'd be okay normally, but I haven't had a chance to get my hangar even marginally filled out yet, so I don't have much to do besides chill out in stations while I think hard, as us gentlefolk like to do.



But then I logged in to see what my new corp was up to, and LO AND BEHOLD! They were committing atrocious acts of suicide ganking! After requisitioning a thrasher (with my connection problems, this was much more dramatic of a process than it sounds) I undocked, being led by glorious squad commander Ariartus. And I noticed something. For the 15 minutes or so I was undocked, there was not a single problem with my connection. And then, after I got the killmail for a hulk and proceeded to prove that I have no idea what suicide ganking means by warping out, our little group headed back to station to regroup. About thirty seconds after docking, I disconnected.


No comments:

Post a Comment